Well, here comes a summer special post for all the ice-cream lovers, not sure if anyone doesn’t love ice-cream though ! I learnt making this homemade ice-cream at a baking workshop and honestly I was thinking that why put in so much effort when I can easily find super yummy ice-cream outside (since I was using my hand held electric whipper and got a little tired). It was not until I had tasted the ice-cream later to understand that now I am always going to make it at home ! It is creamy, tasty and out of the world, unlike the “frozen desserts” we get in the market. My ice-cream tasted more like those you get in Häagen-Dazs and I couldn’t stop bragging about it. 😉
I hope you all give it a try too and you will know what is all the fuss about !!
P.S. – You don’t need an ice-cream machine for this. 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- Fresh Cream – 400 ml
- Full Cream Milk – 200 ml
- Custard Powder – 2 tbsp
- Condensed Milk – 6 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Castor Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Heat the milk and bring it to a boil. Make a thin paste of the custard powder with few tbsp of milk and slowly add it to the boiling milk. Stir continuously to avoid lump formation. Boil for another 2 mins and then rest it till it cools and then put in the fridge.
- Take an ice bath (ice cubes in a big vessel) and rest another bowl in it with the fresh cream. Whip the cream with an electric mixer till it forms soft peaks. Add the sugar and condensed milk and whip for another 5 minutes. Put the mixture in the fridge then.
- Take the custard milk mixture and beat until creamy and mix it with the cream and sugar mixture. Add the essence and put it in the deep freezer overnight (at least 6 hours).
Tips & Tricks :
- To avoid your ice-cream from becoming icy, rest your fresh cream cartons for few days before using. This separates the water from the cream and you can drain the water from the carton and just use the cream. This ensures that the ice-cream is creamy!
- You can also add chocolate ganache, pure chocolate, mango pulp, nuts etc. to give it your own twist !!
Let me know what you think !! 🙂